EXAM PREPARATION AND CONFIDENCE for 11-18 year olds
In our work with young people, we all too often see young people with bundles of potential who are low on confidence, fearful of failure and unsure of how to learn best. These are not helpful conditions for effective learning.
Our revision coaching service is a learning programme designed for students between the ages of 11 and 18 who are studying for key examinations, e.g. GCSE and A-level.
The programme focuses on the following objectives:
- To enhance levels of emotional intelligence, giving students the ability to know themselves, make the right choices and understand their purpose and intrinsic motivation.
- To develop resilience, optimism and healthy lifestyle habits designed to promote mental and physical wellbeing.
- To recognise stress as a natural human reaction that is controllable and to raise awareness of stress management strategies.
- To develop 'smart' strategies that allow young people to time manage.
- To introduce a wide array of digital resources that provide engaging forms of learning and support.
- To practice a wide range of learning and revision strategies designed to make the process of learning multi-sensory and enjoyable.
- To provide students with strategies to aide memory, retention and recall.
- To provide career coaching that provides young people a clear sense of direction.
- To present students with a range of critical thinking strategies vital for examination success.
- To equip students with expertise in writing structured examination responses.
- To develop a strong understanding of examination papers (language, structure, timing and format) to allow students to successfully navigate scripts and to respond in ways that will maximise achievement.